Sunday, April 19, 2009

Catch up

I am playing catch up! We have so many things to share.  I will try to make a post that encapsulates a variety of activities and events since the beginning of this year.  For more photos scroll down below to see a slideshow. Enjoy!

January 2009
We went snow tubing for the first time ever! 





This was the first time the kids saw a lot of snow.  They wanted to make snow angels so bad, but the snow was not too soft. 


We also gave our kitchen a much needed makeover. High style for a low price!


We also had Avery's first real discernable art in December, but I have to share it now.  He just one day drew it! It was amazing to see how development can happen in a flash.


We also had snow in SC! (not much sadly!)

February 2009
In February we held a pizza cooking class!



I joke that when I brush Aybelle's hair, I then have my own American Girl doll. 


March 2009
In March we took an overnight trip to Edisto Island, SC. We had never been to Edisto and our good friends had just returned from a vacation there with these *gorgeous* shells. I couldn't believe how beautiful and whole the shells were that they collected. Any shell I ever got, even growing up in Philadelphia, PA visiting the Jersey shore, were never whole or beautiful like these were. So we took a trip down and ended up not only at Edisto but we drove over to Beaufort and then to our fav beach spot Hilton Head Island.  In HHI we went to our favorite beach spot, Coligny Beach, we played mini golf at Pirates Cove and ate at our fav restaurant, Guiseppe's.  It was a great time, very relaxing. I love being so close to the beach we can go almost anytime we want. This path is what you first have to walk through to get to the secluded beach, Botany Bay.


Then you come upon the beach where the conservationists (and adults) have placed huge conch type shells onto the logs and wood on the beach.  The beach is open to the public but they have a policy that only child under 17 years old can remove 1 quart of shells each.  Adults with no children with them are out of luck!



The beach had so-many-shells!


Later in HHI


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Honey : I love this site! It so awesome. it is very creative.

You are so talented and I am so pleased you are my daughter.

The kids and Adam look great. Talk soon , Love Mom

Tracee said...

I love this picture! You look so happy! Hope to see you on the beach near me soon! No pressure, we would just LOVE to have you here! Miss ya!

Love, T

Post a Comment