A is becoming quite the talented ballerina. I watch her as she flutters across the stage and I am amazed at her poise, grace and form. And it seems to come naturally to her and it is something she wants to do for herself, not because a friend is doing it or will be there or because Mom and Dad want her to try it. I am so happy that she is doing this of her own volition, it shows me that when left to explore children and adults find what they really want and need. I really love watching her dance, my heart leaps when she leaps! She is in the middle, below.
{Taken outside afterward, with her two of her bestest friends}
As for the little brother he is loving life and enjoying himself at the pool. He is actually going to be taking ballet this summer, as he expressed interest in it and copies the jumping moves from A. when she does them. Boys who take classes at the dance studio are free so its a great deal! He wants to perform on stage too and I said well get your dancing shoes on and lets do it! He also firmly stated last week that I was to "teach him how to read right now" so that he can read just like A. He is such a sweetheart, my little sidekick.
For the Co-op the kids presented several pieces of art from the art they did all year and also displayed their environmental science project as well. Several groups had a skit that they performed and we also enjoyed some recorder music from some of the children. A and A were in a skit where Mr. Av was one of the farmers planting seeds and Aybelle was the sun. Then the flowers grew from the Earth.
{Farmer boys planting the seeds}
{Here comes the Sun. . .}
{yeah the flowers grew!}
{Certificates of completion were awarded to each student}
It was nice to have this wrap up so that we can take a break on Thursdays and go to the pool! We are still doing our History co-op with two other families on Tuesdays for the remainder of summer and into the Fall and plugging along here at home with reading, writing and math. we just switched our Math curriculum to Singapore Math and I am finding this to be a better fit for us than Math U See. I actually understand how to teach this to the kids versus struggling to understand Math U See's method.

0 comments:
Post a Comment