The season opened on Saturday and we went yesterday, on Monday with my good friend R. and her two kiddos. Our kids are close in age and they are the best of friends with each other.
The blueberry farm isn't too far from the house, its about 15 minute drive. I advise not going during the day as there is no shade and 98 ˚ here is not fun! Aybelle got so sick from the heat we had to leave after 3o minutes!
We picked 3.25 lbs while my friend R. and her kids picked 7lbs!! We are planning to go back for more in the evening later this week. Picking fresh fruit is always bittersweet for me, because while I LOVE fruit and I LOVE local fresh fruit even more, I am allergic to raw fruit!! Its a total bummer. The allergies started about 8 years ago and have gotten increasingly worse over the years. BUT! I was able to test out a blueberry and they were so good. I ended up "testing out" a couple of more and then a couple of more and nothing happened... so maybe I am not as allergic to blueberries as other fruits. It was wonderful to get to eat something so fresh and sweet for a change.

0 comments:
Post a Comment